Unit 1 – Understand the importance of food handlers keeping themselves and work areas clean and hygienic.
- Lesson 1 – Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in food safety including its role in reducing the risk of contamination.
- Lesson 2 – Identify key legal responsibilities of food handlers.
- Lesson 3 – Identify effective personal hygiene practices relating to protective clothing, hand washing, personal illness, cuts, wounds, food handling practices.
- Lesson 4 – Identify how to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy, by following procedures relating to cleaning methods, safe use of chemicals, storage of cleaning chemicals.
- Lesson 5 – Recognise the importance of safe waste disposal.
- Lesson 6 – Recognise the importance of pest control.